[Noisebridge-discuss] Community experiment

bandit bandit at cruzio.com
Tue Jul 31 22:46:58 UTC 2012

I read the original question and the responses.

1. No where did Rubin ask about Assange visiting *because* he was accused
of rape.

2. Assange is unlikely to visit *while* charged with rape - everything he
has done since charged is to *keep from being deported to the US*. (yes,
he has an ego, yes he does things for publicity. But - his fear of being
deported to the US is valid.)

3. @Ari:
> Rubin's alleged experiment here is about testing how consistently
> Noisebridge is willing to apply one specific policy toward welcoming
> individuals accused of sexual assault.
> The point of this alleged experiment is to determine how "safe" or how
> welcome a given individual will remain while there are assault charges
> on their name. Its only goal is to let people without such charges
> feel secure in their turf against the possibility of being similarly
> accused

Unless you have had a conversation with Rubin that those on the list are
not privy to, then you are making a rather blatant assumption about
Rubin's motives.

Honestly, I have no clue to Rubin's motive, other than his stated goal of
getting reactions. It has been interesting ....

... bandit

bandit at cruzio.com
505-228-8197
bandit.name

I am a systems engineer, specializing in:
- Mission-Critical embedded systems
- device drivers
- control and data acquisition systems
My stuff *works* - *all the time*.

Member: INCOSE.org, PACA.org, IEEE.org, CaliforniaConsultants.org, quelab.net

And to support my son: Proud members of the New Mexico .NET User Group.
Please go to the community website at www.nmug.net.