[Noisebridge-discuss] [placid drama] Rob 2.0

Danny O'Brien dannyobrien at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:35:41 UTC 2012

I turned up at the space at about 10.20 today, and Rob 2.0 was there
(Rob's current status has since 2011-10-11, to quote consensus, "until
either he or his advocate Mitch or Kelly, gives fair notice and
attends a meeting. Until that time he is unwelcome at Noisebridge.").
I asked him why he was at the space, and he said that he'd spoken to
Aestetix about it, I called Aestetix, and Rob backed down and said he
hadn't talked about being there today, but he was there to let people
know he'd be attending tomorrow's meeting. In a somewhat sad and
far-ranging conversation with Rob 2.0, I pointed out that turning up
at the space, staying around for an hour or so until I spotted him and
came over for a chat, was not exactly "letting people know", and a bit
against the spirit of the current position that he's been reminded of
many times that he's not welcome at the space. I suggested email would
be better. He said that he couldn't use email, because his mains
adaptor wasn't working, and that he'd just fixed it using something
from the noisebridge hackbins. He showed me some books he'd donated to
the space. I pointed out that not having a mains adaptor didn't seem
that super-hard an impediment to emailing. He showed me the Black
Knight bit from Monty Python, dissed Kelly a bit.

After a long chat, where I slowly repeatedly noted that it wasn't
doing his case much good by turning up like this, and it would
probably be better if he left, he left.

d.