[Noisebridge-discuss] media wiki set up for hacker space - help

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 00:21:13 UTC 2012

Hi to all,
We are setting up a media wiki for Hacker Space Seoul and I have been appointed to make it happen. We are having "test version" running on a local computer focusing now on the "graphical design" especially of the front page. I would like to more or less copy the Noisebridge wiki page design (especially the front page) and use it as a start up option and alter it to our needs. I'm going through the source code on the page and there are things which are not clear to me and I would like to ask for help to understand them. I think that the "boxes" are going to be an issue.

Deadline for basic version is tomorrow so I hope that 48 hours to come up with "basic decent" front page would be enough. I left it kind of on a last minute mostly because of my Maker Faire involvement during this weekend, it was really cool event, my first Maker Faire :-)) (and by the way first Korean Maker Faire http://www.make.co.kr/?page_id=1336).

Thanks a lot for any help,

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

PS I have a basic skill set to make/update wikies. If you know some nice tutorials/manuals etc. please let me know.

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org

"There is no way to peace, peace is the way." Ghandi