[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Do you know local database tech coding firms? we're planning to purchase $180, 000 of database etc..

Asa Dodsworth moped45 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 04:24:59 UTC 2012

The Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board is planning to do a $180,000 (loose
estimate) contract to build Phase 2 of our databases, reports to access/use
the databases, public portals to access rent board information, & public
pay portal. Currently the staff plan continue working with an SoftwareAG,
but this is an opportunity to open the bidding to local firms.

I'd prefer to hire local firms if possible, local firms lead to local jobs,
an should be easier to access in problem solving. The first scoping meeting
will be this Wednesday June 13th [
http://www.cityofberkeley.info/ContentDisplay.aspx?id=85666]. The decision
of whether or not we open this up for local firms to bid on the contract
will happen 7pm June 18th [
http://www.cityofberkeley.info/ContentDisplay.aspx?id=15386]. Otherwise we
continue to contract with the German Firm SoftwareAG...

Opening the contract up for biding will delay the building of the new
software by an additional 3-6 months, as of now there are no deadlines that
would be broken, or problems that would be raised by delaying the software
build. But The Director does appreciate the value of time our staff has
spent getting to know SoftwareAG and how to effectively use that agency.

Rent Board Law Library
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
2nd Floor**
2001 Center Street, 2
6:00 p.m.

A firm would have to have expertise in,

   - WebMethods 7.1 workflow (BPM) engine
   - Webmethods server portal (7.1),
   - SQL server 2005,

for full list of software see:* 2.4 design and implementation constraints, *
[
http://www.cityofberkeley.info/uploadedFiles/Rent_Stabilization_Board/Level_3_-_General/Item%204.a.%281%29%20-%20Attachment%205.pdf]
which if the link breaks* is found on this page [Found 4. a. 1. attachment
5] http://www.cityofberkeley.info/ContentDisplay.aspx?id=70522

I'll be checking email before going to the meeting on wednesday,
but if you have questions, I suggest you text or call me 5109190884

thank you for your time,
Asa Dodsworth, Berkeley Rent Stabilization Commissioner**

*COB links often die, the website sux bad..
**one of nine commissioners

--
Asa Dodsworth,

Share News with Me on Twitter,