[Noisebridge-discuss] Ti sampling RFID/NFC front-end ASICs and tags fo' freesies

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 21:31:15 UTC 2012

Hello beautiful people,

A few nights ago I was sampling some high-current LDOs from Texas
Instruments and it came to my attention they also carry an analog front-end
for NFC and RFID. Furthermore, this chip can not only read and write to
tags, it can also emulate being a tag which I find rad.

Why should you care? You can get the  transceiver and tags as free samples!
There's very little you have to add to the transceiver to get it working.

RFID/NFC transceiver: http://www.ti.com/product/trf7970a

RFID tag/transponder (plastic disc):  http://www.ti.com/product/rf-hdt-dvbb

Transceiver Evaluation board and GUI: http://www.ti.com/tool/trf7970aevm

Anyway I figured someone could use this information so I'm blasting it out.

Be well,
--
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129