[Noisebridge-discuss] Re-Greetings from Ociorum Cultural Community in Spain

Asociación Cultural Ociorum ociorum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:34:53 UTC 2012

Hi everybody!

My name is Quico Prol <https://plus.google.com/114665794485432127627/posts>,
the guy from spain who visit you past 6/16 in order to meet nosebridge
people and try to learn from your hackspace working.

I'm part of the *Ociorum* Cultural Community board and we are glad to find
and colaborate with similar iniciatives worldwide and although our
organization way is different (workgroups ) we share the same
phylosophy (sharing,
collaboration, learning) and we also are non-profit.

As we have not multilingual content in our
facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ociorum> and
web <http://www.ociorum.org> yet, i will try to summarize Ociorum:

   - Formally Ociorum is a Non-profit Cultural Association in A Coruña
   (Galicia , Spain)
   - Our local <https://plus.google.com/114019392702032590657/about> is a 262
   square-foot flat in the downtown and it looks like a home more than a
   hackspace
   - Nowadays Ociorum incubate 2 workgroups:

   - GFIDS <http://www.ociorum.org/web/info/gfids>: Is a R&D open software
      workgroup working in projects related with linux, python, android, apache
      cassandra , etc... but we are in a very early stage.
      - Bricolabs <http://www.ociorum.org/web/info/bricolabs>: Is a Open
      Hardware workgroup working in projects generally based on
arduino, we build
      a 3D printer <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-N4u1r1nQ>
      - Some of these two workgroups members also have their individual
      projects like Xulio's openpipe <http://xulioc.wordpress.com/> ,
      Fidel's WSJT
Beacon<http://fidelfraga.drupalgardens.com/content/wsjt-beacon>,
      Alex's robot<http://tcrobotics.blogspot.com.es/2011/05/orugasrobot-arduinoorugaspan.html>
      - We will launch more workgroups related with social projects ,
      audio&video and sports soon.

      - Other Ociorum activities were:

   - A street market to get money to buy a emergency house for a
      argentinian family  ( Event
photos<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.156636747704654.32802.100000749897022&type=3>
and
      Building video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baGN6Y2BrJw>)
      - A retro-video games day (Event
photos)<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.196040157097646.49047.100000749897022&type=3>
and
      Drupal Night (announcement<http://www.ociorum.org/web/info/noitedrupal>
      )
      - Several courses like Sign
language<http://www.ociorum.org/web/info/signos>
       , Filmmaking <http://www.ociorum.org/web/info/trypa> ,
Photography<http://www.ociorum.org/web/info/fotografia>,
      etc...

So we hope keep in touch and we are happy to met you and share experiences,
projects , etc.. with all noisebridge people,

Grettings,
Quico Prol (Ociorum board member)