[Noisebridge-discuss] About the missing robotic arm on wheel chair robot

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:16:43 UTC 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 17:07, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> Some people thought it was too unweildy

Unwieldy would be one way to describe it. Dangerous would be a more accurate way.

The last time I saw the robot in use, it was randomly crashing in to bikes and had no functional emergency stop mechanism. It was quite challenging to stop it.

The motors are high torque and fast. Without the arm, the robot is pretty dangerous. With it, it is potentially lethal.

I would encourage you to consider safety first and figure out how to properly control and stop the robot before you make it even more dangerous.