[Noisebridge-discuss] laser printer for circuitboard etching

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Jun 13 17:27:11 UTC 2012

Oh brother!

that's perfect, the great hacker and circuitboard fabbing pioneer
Reboots at Random recommends Brother printers for circuitboard printing over
all else, so I was actually looking on craigslist for such a thing.

bring it in, I will supply paper and we will hide the thing where only
circuitboard etching ninjas will know where it is.  and also we will need
a teflon-bottomed clothes iron (maybe teflon doesn't matter though) but
there are like four irons in the textiles dept. so we can just take one of
those.

I don't think it matters if it curls paper.  We will be using slightly
thicker paper, glossy paper which is made for inkjets.  The toner transfer
process relies on the fact that the glossy surface does not absorb the
toner, and the glossy surface has no fibers, so after you iron it onto the
board and the toner sticks to the board, everything else can be washed
off.

-jake

reboots at random:
http://reboots.g-cipher.net/