[Noisebridge-discuss] Do we have a USB to Parallel (printer) port converter?

bandit bandit at cruzio.com
Wed Jun 27 20:48:00 UTC 2012

The converters you can find via a google search claim to *only* work on a
printer, and nothing else. Several of the negative reviews I read on such
products seem to bear this out.
(I was looking for one to control an EPROM burner.)

If you can make the PC side driver into an HID driver (ie you own the PC
side), I suggest a teensy 2.0 ++ ... I found it very easy to get the HID
example and driver working. I can supply you with example code (all open
source) if you wish. Then you can bit-bang the teensy ports to the printer
port as you need. The CPU is at 16 MHz, so it should be fast enough.

See my .sig, below, for contact info.

Good luck... bandit

bandit at cruzio.com
505-228-8197
bandit.name

I am a systems engineer, specializing in:
- Mission-Critical embedded systems
- device drivers
- control and data acquisition systems
My stuff *works* - *all the time*.

Member: INCOSE.org, PACA.org, IEEE.org, CaliforniaConsultants.org, quelab.net

And to support my son: Proud members of the New Mexico .NET User Group.
Please go to the community website at www.nmug.net.