[Noisebridge-discuss] moderating claypool

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Jun 28 02:32:17 UTC 2012

Hey Andy -- so are you going to take Claypool off?

My model for this is pretty much to treat noisebridge-discuss as the
same as the space. It's open to everyone, but we have some traditions
in place for people who are generally thought to be be acting
non-excellentishly. The first one is mediation if someone complains,
which Miloh has already offered. The second one is being asked to
leave and come to a meeting, where everyone (including the person who
is asked to leave) gets a chance to have their say, and eat of the
flesh of the nonbeliever if necessary.

Sir Claypool, I am guessing that you are a special kind of
cyberjockey who jacks into the noisebridge list with your deck from a
virtual world beyond our ken, so you can't probably get to a meeting
in person. You might be able to use Skype though, or maybe one of
those glasses Lord Brin has on his face these days. It'll totally be
fun, you can troll the entire community if that's what you want, or
you can chat to us about how you'd like to use the list to talk about
your projects. If you have a bitcoin account, I'll even buy you a beer
while you do it. Having a beer with us, talking about the stuff you're
working on is what we're about, I say.

Anyway, the process I'd assume here is to add yoi to the meeting next
week, and twitch your moderate bit before then. I know that that's
kind of simultaneously tyrannical and wimpy hippy of us, but that's
the kind of hitler-like anarchists we are in San Francisco.

Love,

d.
PS are you any relation to Timothy Claypole, the jester in the popular
Seventies limey television program "Rentaghost"? Here is a picture of
him. for reference: http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?p=5599