[Noisebridge-discuss] Kinect

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:15:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Phil Spitler <phil at bonfirelabs.com> wrote:
> Has anybody on the list used the Kinect to do fun things?
>
> I am just getting started and am currently downloading all the software / middleware that I think I need to hack it in OSX.
>
> Would love to have contact with people that have already been hacking one.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,

You might want to check on the [Fab] list for Noisebridge. Or visit on
Wednesday evening.
Matt from fabulous Wednesdays (aka Replicator Wednesdays)  obtained a
Kinect that works as 3D scanner device. It sounded significantly
better in resolution than the other Kinect 3D scanners I've heard of,
although I can't recall the name of the project at the moment.

Anyways, the fab list is here, and I'll ask Matt about it next Wednesday.