[Noisebridge-discuss] Please fund my kickstarter to relocate to Ace Monster Toys

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Sun Mar 11 09:55:29 UTC 2012

Hey,

HeatSync Labs operates on the same model, and I'd rather have our space the
way it is than either of the opposite extremes. We have open hours and as long
as you trust someone in the space with you, you're welcome to sponsor their
visit any time outside those public hours.

We've got two people in here that aren't on that 24/7 membership level right
now (02:45) because they're busy doing awesome stuff.

The idea that a space cannot be closed to certain types of people is a very
worrisome thought to me. In my opinion (and experience) you're not catering
towards certain people if you are not rejecting or redirecting other people.
No offense, but I think Noisebridge has sort of shown what leaning in that
direction can cause.

If anyone's ever in Phoenix or Mesa AZ, I encourage you to mail us and come
visit one of the 'incompatible' spaces.