[Noisebridge-discuss] Project Help

Phil Spitler phil at bonfirelabs.com
Mon Mar 12 00:15:36 UTC 2012

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody would be interested in helping me with what I think is a small project.

Basically I want to build an external hit counter for a YouTube video.

I'm thinking Arduino in conjunction with some scripting on a computer to retrieve the data and send it to the Arduino. Maybe even an Arduino with network shield. I would like it to drive an  LED display to show the number of hits.

I have seen a few tutorials online but they all seem to only do an action when there is a hit, not actually count the hits.

I know a little Arduino and could probably pull the code together with a little help. The biggest issue I have is figuring out how to pull the number of views from the YouTube video and sending that to the Arduino.

If you look at the source code for a YouTube page, the number of views is easy to find and strip out.

Anybody interested in helping me out in this project ?

Cheers.

Phil