[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser engraver needs to go back in the DJ booth

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Thu Mar 15 04:32:50 UTC 2012

No, we should not put the Electron microscope in the DJ booth.  We should
not prioritize some prime real-estate for something few, if anyone, will
use.

We NEED to put the laser engraver BACK in the DJ booth because we need to
put it in a room where the pollutants that escape it can easily be
evacuated outside, easily, with a huge array of fans.

WHY?!?!?!?!?

Because people will laser engrave shit in it that is POISONOUS!  We need to
put the laser engraver someplace where we can control it's fumes.

Not only that, we need to keep the ducting as short as possible to evacuate
smoke more quickly to improve cutting.  Smoke in the chamber means smoke in
the beam.  Smoke in the beam means diffused energy.  Diffused energy means
weak cutting.  This will also mean the optics will foul more quickly.

I have told this to a bunch of people individually, but they are still
ignoring it.  So now I am making a stink...

...before idiots start stinking up Noisebridge with cyanide from laser
engraving ABS

Please, don't be idiots.  Put...the laser...back.