[Noisebridge-discuss] cool toy mashup

bandit bandit at cruzio.com
Thu Mar 22 21:56:59 UTC 2012

http://www.tested.com/news/articles/43409-mashing-up-your-building-blocks-a-legal-gray-area-that-shouldnt-be/

Adam savage (Mythbusters)

This is great. Want to join your Legos to your K'nex, and then to your
Lincoln logs or Tinker toys? The growing ubiquity of 3d printing (and its
shrinking cost) has yielded its greatest contribution to date. The rosetta
stone of open-ended building systems: The Free Universal Construction Kit.
It's so clever, so simple, and if you can find me someone that has a
serious problem with it, I want to have a talk with them.

http://fffff.at/free-universal-construction-kit/

[cut]

... basically, use your 3d printer to combine various aspects of Lego's,
K'Nex, etc
to combine the kits

... bandit

bandit at cruzio.com
505-228-8197
bandit.name

I am a systems engineer, specializing in:
- Mission-Critical embedded systems
- device drivers
- control and data acquisition systems
My stuff *works* - *all the time*.

Member: INCOSE.org, PACA.org, IEEE.org, CaliforniaConsultants.org, quelab.net

And to support my son: Proud members of the New Mexico .NET User Group.
Please go to the community website at www.nmug.net.