[Noisebridge-discuss] l'art de la nourriture le piratage

xone xone at fromthegut.org
Tue Mar 27 22:05:42 UTC 2012

As a somewhat new addition (couple of months) to hanging out working on projects all the time at NB, I have to say that I concur on this observation.  I started coming by a lot at what I think was the height of oogledom (a few months ago).  I love the kitchen, use it basically daily to feed myself more cheaply and healthfully than other options... but when it was disconnected it was like a calm had descended on the space - the difference was palpable.   Personally, I don't think the 'food not bombs' culture should have much of a stake in a space like NB, but I do think it's useful to be able to feed oneself here.   Not sure what the answer is, but I can also note that it IS possible to make food with a less feature-rich kitchen.  Salads and sandwiches are always on option for a hungry hacker.  What I'm implying here is that there may be 1 or two core features that attract 'oogles' that could be disabled or removed, while retaining fairly highly functioning kitchen experience for those willing to make the effort.  Discussing what features enable 'high volume cooking' for large groups vs. enabling smaller volume preparation for individuals or teams could be one vector to explore here.