[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fab] free-cad - the one true free mechanical CAD package that will save the world!

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:00:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM, tedward <arbzed at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I bit the bullet, installed FreeCAD and messed around with it for a bit.
>
> I was able to place primatives, mutate them, and do some simple
> transformations without resorting to documentation.  That bodes well!  I
> was not able to do that with SolidWorks.  I  also like that I can open a
> python console and poke around the app's guts. I'd potentially be
> interested in hacking on this.  I've been looking for an excuse to play
> with pyQt.
>
> Is it cool if I sit in on your discussion this evening?

Off course you should join us Ted.  This is an open event for people
interested in CAD and CAD tools.  I should be there a bit after 6PM, I'll
set up the hackitorium big screen for presentations and demos until 8, then
work on the machines until around 10 or 11pm.

I'll set up the PA and the projector.  We have a projector umbilical with
almost every dongle imaginable on it available for video output from your
laptop.  I don't have live streaming running well yet but, if someone's
able to set up a huddle with Coreyfro, that would be great.

-r. miloh