[Noisebridge-discuss] No basement access at 2169

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Mar 13 00:22:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> Recently during a routine insurance inspection at 2169 Mission St the
> inspectors discovered a few electrical junction boxes in the basement
> that had been opened and left hanging open.  This is, of course, a
> hazard, and made the insurance people unhappy.  The conduit in question
> was standard 1" (or thereabouts) conduit, not the 2" or 4" 'feeder'
> conduit that connects between floors.  The boxes in question appear to
> service lights and fans in the basement based on a quick visual survey;
> I don't see any sign that they connect to Noisebridge.
>
> I've checked around and nobody at Noisebridge has mentioned knowing
> when or why these junction boxes were disturbed.  So as far as we know,
> this isn't related to us; except that we do share the building with
> other tenants.

Beats me as to how that may have come about. I for one have no idea.

We do, however have some low-voltage copper that runs from the
building's telephone MPOE across the basement room to that back mesh
window, where it snakes up the building into the DJ Booth.
The junction box that is down there is very gingerly mounted. We
should be careful with it in the future. This was placed down there to
try out the idea of mounting a modem down there, but it proved to be
too difficult.

Cheers,
jof