[Noisebridge-discuss] earthquake damage, noise bridge, cnc machine computer

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Mar 14 10:55:10 UTC 2012

there is a crack in the wall of the elevator room, new since the
earthquake.  It definitely wasn't there before, and you can see light
through it.

http://spaz.org/~jake/pix/12-3/IMG_0059.JPG
http://spaz.org/~jake/pix/12-3/IMG_0060.JPG

I donated an ACTUAL NOISE BRIDGE to noisebridge.  It's on the welcome
table next to the donation box, in a cardboard box labeled NOISE BRIDGE.

Caution:  the actual noise bridge is not labeled noise bridge, but it
really is a noise bridge.

If you don't believe it, i put an ad from 1978 on the post there:

http://spaz.org/~jake/pix/12-3/IMG_0063.JPG

"R-X Noise Bridge
* Learn the truth about your antenna.
* Find its resonant frequency.
* Adjust it to your operating frequency quickly and easily."

and finally, DO NOT fuck up the CNC machine computer.  This is the
computer that connects to the MaxNC mill in the dirty shop.  I don't know
why the monitor disappeared a while ago but then someone took the computer
itself out of the dirty shop and it was on the floor by the public
computers like someone was about to erase its brain.

HELLO!  do you know how long it took John Foote to set up and configure
EMC2 under linux to drive our mill?  It's a custom parallel-port
configuration.  What the fuck was someone thinking?
(i'm sure the files are not backed up anywhere)

I put it in the server closet with a nice note.  Someone should blow the
dust out of it and set it back up with a nice monitor, and maybe bolt it
down this time.

http://spaz.org/~jake/pix/12-3/IMG_0064.JPG