[Noisebridge-discuss] Get started with Rails! Frontend Web Development Lab: Thursday 8pm.

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 05:29:55 UTC 2012

Come to this Thursday's lab, where we'll be setting up Ruby and Rails on
your computer, so you can get started with learning the fundamentals of
backend web development! There's no specific assignment this time around,
as it might take the entire time for some people to get all set up.

For Mac OS X users specifically, though, I suggest installing Xcode (free)
from the Mac App Store right now, as it's quite a large download, and is
the easiest way to get Ruby set up on your machine.

The lab is a great opportunity to ask questions about this or any other
aspect of web development. You don't need to attend the lecture series to
stop by. It's in Turing on Thursday at 8pm. Hope to see you there!
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development#Lab

Jeffrey