[Noisebridge-discuss] Components

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Mar 1 21:08:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 12:15:29PM -0800, Phil Spitler wrote:
> I'm starting to tinker with my own projects and often find the need
> for the odd resistor or other small component.
>
> When I was doing CHM, somebody showed me the vast array of components
> at NB which is pretty impressive.
>
> If I wanted to use a few components here and there, would it be cool
> to just take them

Yes, the parts are there for hacking!

> and then throw a few dollars in the NB donation jar?

That's fine, you can contribute dollars and we will put them to good
use.

But even better, if you notice something is running low, place a order
with Digikey or Mouser to re-stock the parts cabinet.  If you buy $20 of
components and put them in the right places at Noisebridge, you can use
resistors to your heart's content from there on out. :)

It's doocracy in action, the only trick is follow-through. :)  Make sure
the parts end up in well-labelled bins so that everybody else can find
them.  A pile of random parts in a Mouser box is a hundred times less
useful than those parts in a well-labelled cabinet.

-andy