[Noisebridge-discuss] free-cad - the one true free mechanical CAD package that will save the world!

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Fri Mar 23 06:50:16 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

Thanks for putting this out there, will have to take a closer look at
FreeCAD. I've been doing Mechanical CAD for 20+ years (AutoCAD, Pro-E,
now mostly SolidWorks), and have been wanting to sit down go over the
available FLOSS offerings...sounds like a great idea for a meetup.
I like all your suggestions for the proposed focus of the special
interest group and would like to contribute in some way, though I
wouldn't be available to put any time towards this till early May.

BTW, has anyone taken a look at http://www.varkon.org/  ?

Regards,

John

* Michael Prados <mprados at gmail.com> [120322 22:24]: