[Noisebridge-discuss] somebody is pretending to be me

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat May 5 04:58:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 06:06:58PM -0700, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> Someone is trying to use my identity pretending to be me, at least
> here on the discuss list. The only account which I use for Noisebridge
> discuss and quite all other hacker&food hacking activities is
> algoldor at yahoo.com and it is going to stay like that at least for a
> while.
>
> So it looks like that someone created frantisekapfelbeck at gmail.com
> account and now is posting as me here on the discuss. I think that
> "the same name possibility" of the owner of the account is close to
> the zero, and if so it would be likely that the person would notice
> that there can be confusion not mentioning the low probability of food
> hacker involved with Noisebridge of the same name.

FWIW, here are the posts by the two accounts.  There's no sign of
forgery in the headers; the yahoo mails really do appear to be sent by
someone logged into the algodor account, while the gmail ones are from
someone logged into the frantisekapfelbeck account.  This distinguishes
them from the poorly forged justinsfca posts from a while back.

In any case, we do appear to have a griefer (or two) on our hands.

algodor:

https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2012-May/030611.html
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2012-May/030614.html
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2012-May/030471.html