[Noisebridge-discuss] Mediating the people who ejected Cynthia

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed May 9 07:21:54 UTC 2012

Hi all,

In the meeting tonight (2012-05-08) we agreed that a mediation should
happen, addressing the behavior of the people who forced Cynthia to
leave 2169 on April 30.

After some back and forth, the people involved settled on me as
mediator, and I agreed to do so.

This is separate from Praveen's role mediating discussion of Cynthia's
behavior.

The subjects of my mediation are:

Will Sargent
Jesse Z
Miloh
W____
C____

I've CCed the parties in question who I have email communication with
(Cynthia, Will, Jesse, Miloh).  W____ requested no email contact and
agreed with me to an alternate communication method.  I haven't managed
to make contact with C____ yet but have a feeler out and will confirm
when I have established that contact.

Please reply to me directly if you would like to contribute to the
discussion about the way that Cynthia was ejected and the behavior of
the above named people.

You can reply on the list if you'd like to foster discussion; or reply
to me individually if you don't want to be part of the discussion but
still want to contribute.  Please explicitly state if you'd like me to
keep your contribution private or if you'd like me to anonymize it.  By
default I will assume that contributions can be quoted with attribution
but I will respect requests for anonymity.

Cynthia, this is your forum for expressing your requests for changes in
these individuals' behavior.  Please make factual statements about
things that they did or you were genuinely concerned they might do.
Please also make concrete statements about how you would like them to
change their behavior.  Please don't ask for blanket prohibitions on
behavior at Noisebridge, because this is not the correct forum for that.
If you choose to mail me off-list, please clearly state if you want me
to keep any mail private; in the absence of such a clear statement, I
will assume that all messages on this thread can be quoted and
attributed.

I will be posting a list of SHA256 checksums of messages I receive on
this thread to create a digital evidence trail.

Thanks,
-andy