[Noisebridge-discuss] cesium/caesium 137 for calibration of nuclear analyzer

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu May 10 22:27:18 UTC 2012

yes!  thank you.

so, last night we had a UAV session but only because ANOTHER martin
brought an octocopter!  I took a video which is still uploading.  He is
part of matternet.us which aims to actually allow the mailing of parcels
by drone - instantly!!!

I still look forward to seeing your drone technology, and I still want to
build my own using mylar (or something) and a neutral-buoyancy fill of
helium (or hydrogen) and have the thing fly horizontally into the wind or
circle in no-wind, for the purpose of keeping a camera aloft for a long
time.

Please let me know if and when to prepare for the samples being in town.
If they can stay for a minute, i can certainly keep them in a safe place.

since Cesium-137 is at 661 KeV I also need something with a much lower
energy, like Americium or anything in the low hundreds of KeV...

thank you!
-jake