[Noisebridge-discuss] archiving a password protected website

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon May 14 06:52:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:33:58PM -0700, Lee Sonko wrote:
> I'm trying to make an archive of a website subscription I belong to, my
> 23andme.com account. I can't find a tool that will download this website.

23andme lets you download your raw genome data as a .zip.

I don't think they provide a way to export the data they present on
their website, though.

There Really Should Be A Tool (tm) that operates as a HTTP proxy and
simply writes out every HTTP resource that you retrieve to the
filesystem.  I don't know of one, alas.  You can build one using
mitmproxy or Perl's proxy module I suspect, but that sounds like work...

-andy