[Noisebridge-discuss] Keyboard glove needs Linux drivers

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Tue May 22 19:58:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:38:28PM -0700, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM, VonGuard <vonguard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone want to write Linux drivers for this:
> >
> > http://www.theperegrine.com/
> >
> > It's a keyboard glove, and the company has asked me to help them find some
> > folks interested in writing drivers. Shouldn't be an insanely hard process,
> > as the glove is fairly simple, and if you want to do it, you'll get a few
> > gloves for free.
> >
> > Email me if you are interested.
>
> I've played around with AVR-based USB HID "devices" before, and so I
> only have a general familiarity with the stack.

I built a USB chording glove on an AVR a while back using someone else's open-source VUSB seven-switch chording keyboard code. The source didn't seem particularly complicated, and might be fit for purpose.

Are they interested in open-source drivers? This could be a fun learning project, I'd pitch in. (But I'm in Belgium, so it'd have to be on github or bitbucket or something.)

Cheers,
--mlp