[Noisebridge-discuss] Who won, DARPA V Hackerspaces?

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Wed May 23 19:06:29 UTC 2012

Obviously, people have the right to put their self righteousness idealism
before progressing humanity and, thereby, working against the movement for
which they are inspirational.  People have the right to use a passive
aggressive tactic that would obviously change nothing.  I also have the
right to call them out on it.

look, obviously, I am not trying to win a popularity contest, who am I
calling out? Mitch. Where am I calling him out? NoiseBridge.  It's kinda
like bitching about DARPA on email.  I'm not impressed by people parroting,
"he's entitled to his actions, BRAWK!" And if that is the only defense
people have, then stuff it.

But here is something very real: Hackerspaces, all of them, pay bills.  To
pay bills, Hackerspaces need members.  To get members, they need to be
visible. To be visible, they need spokes people.For spokes people to be
effective, they should be heard by as many people as possible.  Where
better than infrontn of 150,000 people?

I, personally, heard nothing about DARPA or Hackerspaces.  This is a
complete failing of message.

When alternatives lose, status quo wins.

Meanwhile, isn't Mitch helping totalitarian China start Hackerspaces?
Awkward!