[Noisebridge-discuss] archiving a password protected website

John Adams jna at retina.net
Wed May 30 19:09:53 UTC 2012

I'm not sure why you would want to go through the trouble of running a
proxy.

wget has solved this problem and can deal with authentication.

wget -mk http://foo.com

You can also dump the cookies from your existing browser session and do

          wget --no-cookies --header "Cookie: name=value"

...or wget --load-cookies with a cookie file.

If it's basic auth, set the Authorization: header.

-john