[Noisebridge-discuss] rob 2.0 again

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat May 19 12:08:06 UTC 2012

so this morning about 4:45 rob 2.0 showed up in the space, with a small
satellite dish for TV or whatever.  I asked him what he was doing in the
space and he said he wanted to work on his wireless thing or something.

i said he wasn't allowed in the space and he asked why i had the right to
speak for the whole community of noisebridge, and pretty soon we were
yelling at each other, and i asked if he was going to leave and he did
leave.

and then it was rather uncomfortable for me because i was leaving just
then, and even though (from the fire escape) i saw him walk to the corner,
he was nearly back at the gate when i came out.  since i had my bike i did
not have to find out what would have happened if he had reached me in
person "in the street" but he obviously wanted to continue the
conversation.

from my bike, i yelled to him that if he wanted to come to the space he
had to complete the mediation process.  right?  or has something changed?
of course he was saying that he already did mediation, and that it's a
public hackerspace so he should be allowed to come to it if he wants.

his strategy seems to be a mixture of attemted intimidation and relentless
rationalization.  and he accused me of personally having something against
him (implying that i'm the problem and everyone else is cool with him)

kelly please update me and everyone on rob2.0's status as i thought you
were the one trying to mediate him.

is our consensus item still in effect?  is it still printed out on the
wall?

-jake