[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackability of a "KS57C2408" chip?

Daniel Pitts Daniel at coloraura.com
Sun May 20 19:54:26 UTC 2012

I've taken a part a busted sprinkler timer controller, and I see it has
a " /KS57C2408/" microcontroller in it. I couldn't find anything online
about it, but I'm wondering if its hackable. I don't see any external
memory, so I'm assuming it has at least some built-in.  I don't know if
it is reprogrammable, or how I would even go about doing that. It's got
80 pins, and my limited experience is telling me its surface mount.

Does this seem like something worth playing around with?

The full markings on the chip:
740
KS57C2408-64
905402B