[Noisebridge-discuss] LED Calculations help

Phil Spitler phil at bonfirelabs.com
Mon May 21 05:16:25 UTC 2012

Hi,
For simple LED projects, I usually use an online LED calculator to get the values for the needed resistors.

I have just ordered some LEDs online but the specifications don't list the forward voltage, just the current draw.

http://www.adafruit.com/products/679

How would I figure out how to power the LEDs and what resistors to use?

I am thinking of using 10 LEDs and having them all powered, all the time.

I would love to know how to calculate my needs.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Phil

Phil Spitler |   Associate Creative Director  |  Bonfire Labs |  t : 415.394.8200  |  c : 415.571.3139  |  Bonfirelabs.com