[Noisebridge-discuss] Shameless Frantisek Impersonation (Re: LED Calculations help)

Christoph Maier cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com
Mon May 21 19:20:53 UTC 2012

Another Frantisek Apfelbeck impersonator here, hailing from Seoul:

For electrical purposes, these circuits are not LEDs, but integrated
two-terminal blinkylight integrated circuits.
As such, they have built-in current limiting and can be operated directly
off a battery.

As they apparently don't have a datasheet that is 1. not in Chinese and 2.
available,
it might make sense to sacrifice one or two of the LEDs by hooking them up
to a laboratory power supply that displays both voltage and current,
then to ramp up the voltage from 1.0V in small increments until the LEDs
get fried, while measuring current and observing brightness.

If I recall correctly, Jimmie Rodgers gives away these blinky LEDs with a
battery [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CR2032_battery] when he gives basic
soldering instruction.

Greetings from Seoul,

... Frantisek?