[Noisebridge-discuss] Three days left to support The TE+ND Rover project!

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Wed May 30 01:01:16 UTC 2012

Dear friends!

We have 3 more days for out Indiegogo campaign!  Please help us!

Also, we are competing for the Boca Bearing Innovation Competition.  Please
vote!
http://www.bocabearings.com/innovation-contest/ContestantDetails.aspx?ProjectID=54

This robot is only the tip of the awesome Ice-Berg!  We have so much more
planned!  Help us get the bot rolling!  I mean walking!  You know what I
mean!

Best,
Marnia Johnton and Corey McGuire

Thanks to all of you who came to the Maker Faire in San Mateo over the
weekend. It was great to hear from you and take in all of your enthusiasm
for our current project, the TE+ND rovers (Terrestrial Exploration and
Nurture Designed Rovers). We previewed the 1/3 scale, working model built
with the help of Type A Machines <http://www.typeamachines.com>. Thanks
Type A for lending us your large format, rapid prototype 3D printers. We
couldn't have done it with out you!

We're now scrounging for your pennies for small donations to help us
fully-fund the TE+ND Rover project. Combined with the generous grant from
the James Irvine foundation, your donations will allow us to complete the
first full-size rover. The project is both an artwork and an
educational/outreach effort that raises awareness about ecological
degradation and the resulting migration of native species in California.
We’ll be building it at the Exploratorium in San Francisco this June. We
only have 8 days left with our Indigogo campaign:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/109236?a=622595. You can pick from a
variety of gifts in thanks for your donation!

I've posted photos of the prototype from Maker Faire on the TE+ND Rover
website <http://www.tendrover.com>. You can see the awesome concept
sketches  there too!

As always, if you don't want to get these little notes, just let me know!