[Noisebridge-discuss] As much as I think Cynthia is crazy, I still find the situation unethical and stupid.

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:52:31 UTC 2012

> GETTING THE POLICE INVOLVED IN A HACKERSPACE IS ONLY GOING TO DO MORE
HARM THAN GOOD!!! When you call the po-pos they fill out reports in their
little memo pads AND DOCUMENT THEM!!!
That means that when you get the police involved more often, the likelihood
of them wanting to probe an investigation on this place increases!!!

I wonder how many other hackerspaces have such an extreme distrust of the
police. I think if we were a little more open about Noisebridge and what it
does there wouldn't need to be such a worry about what they think of us. As
it is all they ever see is nutters having to be expelled from the premises.
If we're gonna continue to treat the space like a treehouse with a sign
that says 'no cops allowed' then it'll be no wonder if they start thinking
maybe we're doing some weird shit. WHAT *IS *YOUR FASCINATION WITH MY
FORBIDDEN CLOSET OF MYSTERY?