[Noisebridge-discuss] Gauging interest in a UAV workshop

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu May 3 06:52:59 UTC 2012

count me in!  I am super excited about that stuff.

i am so jealous of the equipment that Sebastian brought to town when he
visited, i hope he left it all behind.  I missed the flyover of dolores
park (look on vimeo for Noisebridge Dolores) and Sebastian missed flying
over thousands of people in the mayday march in oakland.

I have a three-axis magnetometer / accelerometer and ideas for a
long-duration neutral buoyancy surveillance craft.

-jake

Martin wrote:
How much interest would there be for me to do a monthly UAV (Unmanned
Automated Vehicle) workshop at NB?

I've just finished the design for an ARM Cortex-M3 based UAV board
that leverages and ports the work done for ArduPilot.   Instead of
being an Ardu Pilot Mega, it's an "ARMPilotMega" board, that speaks
the same protocols (MAVlink, etc) and uses a port of the ArduPilot
firmware.

If enough people at NB have an interest in UAV's (air/land/sea) we can
do the workshop day, then maybe do meet-ups at the abandoned Alameda
naval base, where we can play with and test vehicles.

-M