[Noisebridge-discuss] Drama

Jehan Tremback jehan.tremback at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:48:04 UTC 2012

That doesn't make any sense in the real world. Who decides who is a hacker,
and why do they have that power? Right now it seems like the power has been
assigned to the most aggressive person around at any given moment. It's not
like the space is ever really packed unless its an event, and if someone is
"not hacking" (still no actual way to make the judgement), how does it harm
anyone? I think that the real problem here is people walking around like
they own the place and can give orders, simply because everyone else is too
meek say anything when it happens.

Anyway, I can see the appeal of wanting to keep it a technically focused
space, but there is no way to enforce this, outside of hex notation door
passwords (still an awesome idea). It's either a public space, or a private
club. Both work well. Having random people walking around confronting other
people like vigilantes (and calling the cops!) does not. I think that the
members should, at a meeting, look at the circumstances of this incident,
and ban one of the people involved if necessary.