[Noisebridge-discuss] grantwriting / bubblewrap from outer space

Cameron Hackett camhkt at gmail.com
Sun May 13 19:31:30 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Tony Longshanks LeTigre <
anthonyletigre at gmail.com> wrote:

> That looks like it.
> I hope it comes in gold.
> I want to upholster a room of my house with it, but silver would be too
> Warhol-derivative.
> Gold would be perfect.
> I also have an art installation in mind that I could work on @ NB.
> Something robotic I have in mind.... The silver would be great for that.
>
> Car curtains = Brilliant!

Gah! No!

This is a great example of what is wrong with Noisebridge nowadays.

The insulation for our space program's peacetime rocoon is
being co-opted to upholster walls and create curtains for someone's car!?
w.t.f.

Can we please start locking the front door and require a test of technical
skills to get in? Like, how about instead of a buzzer we display a decimal
number and have some DIP switches onto which you must enter the binary
representation to get in.

Would anyone object to me setting that up, switching out the bitting on the
front gate and installing a matching, functional lock on the top of the
stairs and outside the elevator?

Hack the planet,
Cam