[Noisebridge-discuss] Lean startup methodologies for hacker projects

nullpointer vonhessling+np at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:04:23 UTC 2012

I'd like to gauge the community's interest in a one-time class in
entrepreneurship I'm considering to offer this week or next (TBD).

I'm an geek entrepreneur in the Big-data space and am committed to hacker
excellence at Noisebridge.  A lot of projects I have seen recently in Bay
Area hackerspaces are technically brilliant but profoundly lack even a very
basic angle on business.  I often see amazingly intelligent people fail on
commonsense business technicalities, most often for overindulging in their
passion for their projects without considering that how they go about some
practicalities may make more economic sense in many cases.  Sometimes the
way folks seem to think about money is the root of the problem -- since
money is being used for so much evil, it is automatically associated with
evil. In this talk I would propose to see wealth simply as a volume knob
for your future actions.

In the end, if you can do more with less, why would you not do it that way?

Please reply to this email with Yay! or Nay!, along with specific topics
that you are interested in.  I'm thinking on focusing on the latest lean
startup methodologies, based on the recent book "The Startup Owner's
Manual" by Steve Blank.

-- nullpointer