[Noisebridge-discuss] seeking donation of RFID reader equipment

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Nov 5 22:29:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, Ronald Cotoni wrote:
> how much do you think you will need in total?  I might be convinced to
> put an order in to get whatever is needed....

cheapest on ebay right now: ($99) (ENDS IN 4 HOURS):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSys-MP9320-2-8-EPC-UHF-Long-Range-RFID-Reader-/120996098984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bedf3a8

PDF for same:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=mp9320&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Frainbow.com.ua%2Fupload%2Ffiles%2Frfid%2FMP9320v28Brochure.pdf&ei=PjyYUKfnEciIiwKixYHACg&usg=AFQjCNE2gCmzfS8l8XTLmAWQgS5YT5ritg&cad=rja

this looks like a hacker special - not sure how they work (2 for $39)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-2-ThingMagic-M4e-Mercury4e-UHF-RFID-Reader-for-embedded-apps-/140878425694?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cd022e5e

this looks like the best one ($175 to $178):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cottonwood-USB-Long-Range-UHF-RFID-reader-UART-ISO18000-6C-EPC-G2-/280919114913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41681584a1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AS3992-UHF-Long-Distance-RFID-Reader-Writer-Module-ISO18000-6C-EPC-Gen2-/180888582428?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1dccb91c
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Long-Range-UHF-RFID-reader-USB-ISO18000-6C-EPC-G2-/110934066028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d42f836c
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Linksprite-Long-Range-UHF-RFID-reader-TTL-UART-Interface-ISO180-/110934066030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d42f836e

this seems to be the hacker way to do it:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/35466/UHF-RFID-Reader-Program

using this hardware:

http://www.samsungtechwin.com/product/product_view.asp?idx=772