[Noisebridge-discuss] FIVE MINUTES OF FAME returns! This Thursday, Nov 15, 8pm, at Noisebridge

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:24:51 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Danny and everybody:
>
> Wonderful reinvigoration of Five Minutes of Fame.  Really well done!
>
> Really good to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time, and I met
> scads of people who've apparently been around Noisebridge for a while but
> are new to me.
>
> I don't care what anybody thinks; Noisebridge continues to bring in really
> quality people.
>
> Again, well done!  I hope to be part of the next 5MoF and help out in some
> way.
>
> Cheers,
> Naomi

Wholehearted agreement. I was doorman for most of the night last night, &
arrived under the impression I was to ask guests for donations. Then I
heard there had been a backlash from some who felt asking people for money
was antithetical to the spirit of Noisebridge. I compromised by telling *every
other* guest who walked in there was a suggested donation of $5 to 10,
emphasis on suggested. Most people seemed happy to give a little. I didn't
push. Money aside, awesome night all around. A star is reborn!

Are we planning a Noisebridge Thanksgiving this year? I can contribute to
the feast, at least a little. Plus I'll have another (belated) gift for
anyone else who's "stuck" here for the holidays.

<End of file>

+11+