[Noisebridge-discuss] Buying domain name without a credit card?

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Tue Nov 27 03:30:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, Ben Kochie wrote:

> I try and never use anything but a credit card online.  Most other forms
> of payment have no consumer protections against fraud.  The credit card
> transaction model puts all of the liability for transactions on the
> merchant.  If any fraud happens, you can simply call your credit card
> company and have the charges reversed.
>
> Cash/paypal/bitcoin/etc can simply vanish into a bit bucket never to be
> seen again.

While I agree with Ben's on the topic that credit cards are very safe, to
answer the question N posed:

nearlyfreespeech.net will do it. There are plenty of ways to fill your
account there, and once money's in their system, it can be used for domain
names and other things.

N, do check them out; you're likely to love them.

-- Asheesh.