[Noisebridge-discuss] JTAG adapter

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Nov 29 23:25:24 UTC 2012

Hi Angela!  that sounds really cool, i have been wanting to learn more
about the cc1111 type stuff, and i have some of it.

there is an openMoko jtag setup at noisebridge, on top of the shelf behind
the big red toolchest.  There are a lot of programming tools on that
shelf, and there well might be another JTAG setup there.

i would love for noisebridge to have a goodFET, and i'm surprised no one
has mentioned having one yet.  I know at least one person at noisebridge
was making one a while ago, but i can't remember who it was.

I know the openMoko jtag setup works, but i remember that its voltage was
not what i needed for my G1 phone.  If your equipment is the same voltage
as the openMoko hardware it might work just fine.  But i have never
personally done any jtag stuff so i don't know.

if you're coming in for circuit hacking monday or anytime i would like to
know and see what you're working on.

-jake

Angela wrote:
Hello,

I started hacking with rfcat on the cc1111, first using the ToorCon
badge[1], and now with the development kits from Texas Instruments[2].
I need to flash the rfcat firmware onto them, and I was wondering if
I'll be able to find a JTAG adapter that's compatible with this chip
at NoiseBridge (like the goodFET[3]). Perhaps someone at Circuit
Hacking Mondays has one?

[1] http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/11/02/toorcon-14-badge/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/rfcat/wiki/SupportedDongles
[3] http://goodfet.sourceforge.net/