[Noisebridge-discuss] TIG Welders - How they work (and use one!)

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 02:42:11 UTC 2012

Hey kids -

I know there has been some interest / excitement over TIG welders and the
whatnot. In an effort to show peeps how they work, and what they are good
for, and to give people some free hands-on excitement in TIG welding, I
wanted to offer the following:

For those that don't know me, I'm a resident down at the boxshop, and like
to make big metal thingies...preferably that catch on fire. See my most
recent project (Fenrir) here:
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/321719_10151005741306710_1815335372_o.jpg

Anyways! I'd be happy to do a little intro to the TIGger, and let some
peeps try it out. The only kicker is, you need to come to boxshop. Here's
the date and time that I'm thinking about...what do people think?

THE THING: Play with a TIG Welder
THE PLACE: Boxshop (Hunter's Point)
THE TIMEZ: Tuesday, October 9th: 8PM - whenevs

Let me know how many people are interested. If its more than 7-8, then I
may schedule another session!

Donation help would be appreciated. I will happily teach for free, however
I will have a donation hat out for boxshop - any donations received will go
to the public donation bin at boxshop to pay for consumables (argon gas,
electricity, etc.). Hope to see you kids there!

Sean