[Noisebridge-discuss] Help fund a new film about Cyber-Security and Free Speech, featuring Jake Appelbaum

Julia Maryanska julia.maryanska at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:35:09 UTC 2012

Hi Noisebridge Community-

My name is Julia Maryanska and I was at the last Tuesday night meeting,
talking about the new documentary "THE MOUSE THAT ROARED," currently in
production, directed by Academy Award nominee Judith Ehrlich (*Most
Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg & the Pentagon Papers*).  It's
about Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Icelandic MP and former member of Wikileaks, and
Jake Appelbaum, one of the original members of Noisebridge! The film
encompasses their respective fights to make the internet a tool for
innovation, freedom of expression and freedom to information! I'm working
on this film because I believe in its message to let people see that it is
possible that we can reconstruct the systems in place to ones that are in
our favor – ones that protect our first amendment rights online and are
transparent.

We have 60 hours left on Indiegogo to reach our goal, and contributions
have poured in over the last 24 hours. We believe we'll see more over the
next 2+ days, but we need your help. As internet and tech savants, please
help us get this message out and help us fund this film!! Big thanks to
Leif who already contributed!

We've got a trailer, great perks, and a big interest in having you join our
effort.

https://www.indiegogo.com/MouseThatRoaredFilm

With Gratitude,

Julia