[Noisebridge-discuss] HackCity coming up!

Liz Henry liz at bookmaniac.org
Mon Oct 22 18:05:14 UTC 2012

My friend Krys (aka @krysfree ) is running this hackathon:

http://www.greenbiz.com/events/verge/2012/11/hack-city/resources

It is a hackathon for using civic data to make apps to do with
transportation, energy, and buildings!

Here is the schedule -  I am tempted to try and go to it and make
something to where I can complain more about bus and BART access...

November 9-11
at
Code for America HQ
155 Ninth St. btwn Minna & Natoma (2 blocks from Misson)

Program:

* Friday, November 9 2012
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Opening Night - Hack City

Introduction of APIs early registration and team formation.
* Saturday, November 10 2012
8:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Hack Day 1 - Hack CIty

Teams will begin working on their concepts, while mentors circulate the
room to offering feedback & suggestions.
* Sunday, November 11 2012
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Hack Day 2 - Hack CIty

Teams will be allotted 3-5 minutes to pitch their completed and working
prototypes to the Hack City participants at large, and our panel of judges.

--

Liz Henry
liz at bookmaniac.org
http://bookmaniac.org

"Without models, it's hard to work; without a context, difficult to
evaluate; without peers, nearly impossible to speak." -- Joanna Russ