[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisegate beta 3 is available

Josh Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:04:38 UTC 2012

Last night, Tom provided very important feedback on Noisegate -- that
the maximum code length that I had set for display reasons (8) was in
fact the *average* code length of those in use.  Since there's no
limit on length enforced in the underlying system, I can't reasonably
impose my own, and since no amount of increasing the code display
area will avert that, I agreed that, like the physical keypad, the
buffered code should not be displayed to the user at all.[1]  Having
made that change, the Delete function could no longer be used
effectively, so I replaced it with Clear.  Finally, the Clear and
Enter keys are now hidden when the code buffer is empty.  Andrew also
provided feedback and acted as a sounding board.

Thanks to everyone who's commented on Noisegate and helped me make it
a better app than I could do alone.  And keep it coming, since
there's more work to do.

http://www.jjuran.org/Noisegate-debug.apk

Josh

[1] With the possible exception of a fleeting display of the last
digit entered.