[Noisebridge-discuss] Money @ NB

John Withers jwithers at reddagger.org
Tue Oct 2 19:39:39 UTC 2012

Burning man (up until now, maybe depending on if the handover to their
nifty new non-profit entity really works out) isn't a non-profit. They
just don't let anyone but burning man exchange money at the event.

And being a non-profit doesn't mean you can't have commerce happen. It
just means you are a non-profit. The nb community might be choosing to
make it a commerce free environment, I dunno. But in my limited
experience if they have done that it isn't all that strictly enforced,
since I and others have openly bought and sold various hackish goods on
small scales in there, group orders on things like entropy generating
sticks come to mind.