[Noisebridge-discuss] Money @ NB

John Withers jwithers at reddagger.org
Wed Oct 3 17:12:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 00:34 -0700, Ever Falling wrote:
> My answer was based off of this
> page: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge_Vision which states
>
> >Noisebridge is an educational non-profit corporation, 501(c)3 public
> charity status.
>
> Is this not still relevant? Has it changed since last i checked and
> the wiki hasn't been updated?

While someone followed up to this going a different way, this still
doesn't mean no commerce. We could sell things at NB. Like, well, we do,
with tshirts and membership dues and such. If we wanted we could sell
girl scout cookies, crack, whatever. 501c3 isn't about making money, it
is about what you do with it when you do. Goodwill, Out of the Closet
and Salvation Army run friggin stores.