[Noisebridge-discuss] Money @ NB

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Oct 3 23:13:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Tom Longson (nym) <tomlong at gmail.com> wrote:
> My question came out of a project idea I'd like to do (bills to bitcoins),
> which involves hacking a bill validator and receipt printer with an arduino
> to allow anyone to exchange small amounts of cash for bitcoins. This idea
> could be reused for a donations machine at NB, which would print receipts
> for tax accounting.
>
> Prior to mailing to the list, I decided it wouldn't be a great idea (one
> member profiting off other members). In other words, a bill to bitcoin
> machine would not be an "excellent" use of the space. Building one on the
> other hand? I'm pretty sure Abraham Lincoln deem it MOST EXCELLENT.

Hmmmm.... I don't see why a thing that would turn cash into bitcoins
with an optional tip to Noisebridge's bitcoin repository and a
commission to the maker wouldn't be fine. I think we would get into
mild legal trickiness if you were a board member or executive, but
really not very much.

It would be a very cool project, and I bet there'd be a bunch of
people who'd be interested in helping.

d.